Today's post is from a health and wellness enthusiast and one of our favorite people ever, Natalia Riboldi (@natalia_riboldi). She made up this amazing recipe that is basically pimped out peanut butter that becomes a snack instead of just a condiment. We'll warn you now, it's insanely addictive so make it at your own risk. ;)
3 cups peanuts
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup raw honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla or vanilla powder
1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1. Put everything except the chocolate in the blender or food processor ( less likely to get stuck if you use a food processor) and blend. You might have to stop and stir a few times if it's getting stuck. You can blend it as little or as you think depending on the much texture you want.
2. When it looks like a good consistency, transfer to a bowl. Add your chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
3. For the form, there are many options. You can use a cookie scooper and scoop them into balls. For bars, line a square cake pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Press the batter into the pan. Put into the freezer for about 30 minutes, then take it out and cut it into bars or squares. If you're too lazy to do anything with it, just transfer the batter into a Tupperware and snack on it whenever you want!
- This doesn't need to be put in the refrigerator and it should last a long time! But sometimes I put mine in the fridge just so it lasts even longer and holds its form.
If you want it to taste REALLY good use high-quality ingredients. Use real honey ( the thick stuff ). Buy peanut butter ( I like Adams brand) that is just peanuts or blend your own peanuts to make peanut butter. For the chocolate, buy a high-quality brand, I like to use Guittard chocolate chips ( red bag ) but any good chocolate will do. Salt brings out the sweetness and will make a huge difference! Don't be afraid to use salt! High-quality salts have some amazing properties and your body does need salt! I love to use Redmond's Real Salt because it is straight from Utah will all the minerals still in there. Lastly, use good quality vanilla.
- ginger powder +, chopped crystallized ginger
- sesame seeds
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- half cashews/ half peanuts
We hope you guys love this recipe as much as we do!! Let us know if you try it and what your thoughts are!